Everyone at Maskat Shrine is pleased that you have accepted the invitation to play in the 83rd Oil Bowl Football Classic.which is one of the oldest All-Star Football Games in the country. We want to take this opportunity, not only to congratulate you, but also to pass on some information that both you and your family may need. If at any time you or your family have any questions regarding the Oil Bowl, please contact any of the following individuals:
Yoshi Fukasawa, Oil Bowl Chairman
Donna Hyde, Administrative Assistant
Cathy Stockton, Office Manager
If you have been invited to play in the Oil Bowl you should have received a registration package that includes paperwork to complete. Included in the package is a cover letter and a general information sheet (which includes most of the information here). You need to fill out the following forms and return to Maskat Shrine. Be sure that you print legibly and include a telephone number and email. If you do not have an email, include the email or someone that will get information to you should we need to contact you by email.
1. Player contract (needs to be signed by parent or guardian for players under 18 years old).
2. Player information sheet. It is very important that you fill in every blank. We use this information to put roster information on the Oil Bowl website and contact your booster club for ads, etc., to include in the official program. The sale of Oil Bowl Programs for the game is a major way we raise money for Shriners Hospitals for Children.
3. Two Midwestern State University (MSU) release forms are included, one for players under 18 years old (minors) and another for adults. This form is required because you will be staying in the MSU dorms while you are in Wichita Falls for the Oil Bowl Game. Fill out the appropriate form and include with the paperwork you send to Maskat Shrine.
4. Credit Card Authorization Form. This form is included in the package for your convenience in paying for the required fee and deposit.
Items to bring:
- ALL YOUR PRACTICE GEAR including any special pads and one pair of white practice pants, socks, and gloves. (See the second paragraph of the contract for full details.) You will be issued a game jersey and pants. The pants will be turned in at the end of the game.
- Toiletry articles.
- Portable TV’s and video games.
- Spending money
- Any special pillows or blankets that you wish; however, ALL linens, etc., are furnished by Pierce (or Killingsworth) Hall (940-397-7510). You will pick-up your linens when you check-in
Oil Bowl Memorabillia:
Game Video: If the game is recorded, you can purchase the game video for $40.00. It can be ordered ahead of time or sometime after you arrive in Wichita Falls. An order form (PDF file) is available on the HOME page of this website that you can print and use to order the video. Forms will also be available at the Football Game. The video will be mailed to you several weeks after the game.
Oil Bowl Pictures: You will also be able to order team and individual pictures in several sizes (info is on this website).
Oil Bowl Ring: A ring can be purchased for $200. A PDF form is available on this website and forms will be available at the game.
Oil Bowl Caps and T-Shirts: These items will be available for purchase at the game.
1. All Meals will be provided.
2. Your eligibility is in no way affected by your participation in the Oil Bowl.
3. Player fee ($100) and refundable deposit for MSU dorm key ($50) for a total of $150 is due when you send your paperwork to Maskat. Make checks payable to Maskat Shriners and mail with your paperwork to Maskat Shrine, 5101 Henry S. Grace Freeway, Wichita Falls TX 76302. If you would like to pay by credit card, use the Oil Bowl Credit Card Authorization Form included in the package and follow instructions.
Below are links to the 2019 Oil Bowl Registration Package which includes information and forms needed to register to play in the 2019 Oil Bowl Game. Registration paperwork must be submitted by April 10, 2019.
Your eligibility is in no way affected by your participation in the Oil Bowl.